We will discuss our fees with you and offer fixed fees wherever possible or an estimation of our costs.
Our fees to represent you vary depending on the representation you need and the amount of assistance you require and the amount of attendance that would be required as well as the location.
We will discuss our fees with you and offer fixed fees wherever possible or an estimation of our costs at the outset.
Our fixed fees start from £300.00.
Initial advice upon Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP)
- An initial meeting with you to discuss the matter and consider the evidence
- taking your instructions and giving you advice on your response to the NIP.
Representation at Court
The charges will be between £500.00 to £700.00 if you enter a guilty plea, this will cover preparing for plea and sentencing hearing.
The charges for an not guilty plea, preparation for trial is between £1,000 to £1,200. This will cover attendance and representation at the plea hearing, arranging and taking witness statements if necessary, considering disclosure and evidence and representing you at a single half day trial.
Representation at Voluntary interview under caution
The interview is most likely to take place at a Police Station or could take place elsewhere such as in a job centre if interviewed under caution by the DWP.
The initial meeting with you, attendance and providing you with advice and assistance will be under a fixed fee of £500.00.
Probate and Estate of Administration
- Probate application fee of £155 plus £1.50 per sealed copy
- Official Copy of Register Entries for the property £3.00
- Bankruptcy searches for each beneficiary £2.00 per search
- Notice in The London Gazette to protect the Personal Representatives against unexpected claims from unknown creditors approx. cost £200.00 to £250.00
- Notice in in a Local Newspaper again to protect the Personal Representatives against unexpected claims from unknown creditors approx. cost £100.00 to £200.00
Masons Solicitors are still operating during this difficult and challenging time we all are facing. We are not physically seeing Clients at our office until further notice due to the current crisis.
Kindly note the following:
- Post – wherever possible should be sent via email.
- The hub – emails should normally be sent to: [email protected]
- Phones and emails – will continued to be answered.
- Identity verification – Please discuss ways of our inspecting ID and proof of address without you having to visit the office.
- Physical visits – These should be avoided in line with Government guidelines unless contractually necessary. If however you have anything to deliver by hand, please post through the office door.
- Signing documents – If you have no alternative but to sign important documents in our presence (again for example signing Will(s)) then arrangement will be made for witnessing the signature(s) for us to watch you sign in our presence.
- Contactless Will Service – please contact us if you wish to make a Will in these challenging times. We will speak to you about making a Will whilst limiting our physical contact with you.
- Video contact – if you wish or prefer we can make arrangements for consultations on a video link such as Skype, Zoom, FaceTime or WhatsApp.