Deputyship and Court of Protection

Masons Solicitors Can Help With a Deputyship/Court of Protection Order

It is very sad to see our loved ones unable to manage their own affairs. In such circumstances, they will need help and assistance of others to manage their affairs for them instead.

If a loved one is unable to manage their own affairs anymore and they do not have a valid Enduring Power of Attorney or Lasting Power of Attorney in place appointing someone to take care of their affairs then a Deputyship order may be applied for.

We are able to advise you on the process and assist you in obtaining the Deputyship order.

There are two types of deputy and if appointed you may under the;


  • Property and financial affairs deputy

Pay the  person’s bills or organise their pension.

  • Personal welfare deputy

Make decisions about medical treatment and how the  person is looked after.

Becoming a deputy

You can apply for only one or both types of deputy. If you’re appointed,  the Court Order will state what you can and what you cannot do.

 If you become a deputy, you must send an annual report to the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) each year explaining the decisions you’ve made.

Do you have a question about this service?

We are always on hand to help you with any queries so please get in touch